I’m a huge romantic, which you might think means I spend a lot of time daydreaming about love, marriage, and babies. This is true, but even more than that it means I have an intentional relationship in which we always focus on and talk about and the health and growth of our relationship. That’s why I created this relationship building activity. It’s important to communicate about your relationship all of the time, but it’s also good to set aside specific times to check in with each other about your relationship.
Your anniversary is the perfect time to reflect on your relationship and focus on how you want it to grow over the next year. I have created an activity consisting of relationship-focused questions for you and your significant other to ask each other this holiday!
I recommend doing this activity fishbowl style for extra fun points. Just put the questions in a bowl/box/chamber pot and then take turns pulling them out and asking them to each other, that way you switch off the pressure of who answers first.
I recently sat my long-suffering boyfriend down to do this “game” because he loves me enough to willingly agree to these kinds of relationship-building activities. It was such a sweet, intimate time of reflecting on where we thrived, where we struggled, and what we want our future to look like. It also allowed us to talk about things we hadn’t brought up before or hadn’t thought to consider. There is no better feeling than having a heart-to-heart with your person!
If you’re as sappy and into relationship-building activities as I am, please see the list of questions below and have fun! I hope it blesses your relationship 🙂
Relationship building activity questions:
- What is your favorite memory of us from last year?
- What are some ways that you felt loved by me last year?
- What’s a goal I can help support you with this year? How can I support it?
- What new thing did you learn about me last year?
- Are there any ways we can increase intimacy (emotional and physical) this year?
- What was your favorite routine activity we did last year?
- How do you feel about how frequently we spent time together last year?
- Is there anything you would like to change about how we spend our time together this year?
- Is there anything you want to do more of together this year?
- What’s a bigger date you would like to go on this year?
- In what ways do you think we grew together last year?
- How would you like to grow as a couple this year?
- How do you feel about how often we had sex last year?
- What’s something new or different you would like to do in the bedroom this year?
- What was our biggest challenge as a couple last year?
- What was our biggest success as a couple last year?
- How can we improve communication this year?
- How can I show you love this year?