Happy 2019! I’m not a fan of word “resolutions” because that sounds like way too much pressure. So I made a list of goals for the year instead:
- Make new friends: Most of the friends I’ve made in Philly are friends I met through my boyfriend, which is great, but I’m screwed if we ever break up. In 2019 I want to actually make an effort to find friends of my own!
- Focus on the present: I once had a wackadoo therapist who said exactly one useful thing; “Depression is focusing on the past, anxiety is focusing on the future, but neither one is focused on the present.” I am constantly thinking/worrying about the future, instead of focusing on where I am now. I’m hoping to focus more on the joy of the now in 2019.
- Travel: I love to travel. Even more than that, I love to vacation. I want to visit at least one new place in 2019, and return to my favorite place on earth (Naples, FL) at least once.
- Grow in my career: I don’t really know what this looks like, but I felt like putting it on here was the responsible thing to do.
- Pay more attention to my spending: I started budgeting last year (I’ll write a post on that at some point), but this year I really want to pay more attention to what I’m spending money on and how I can spend less.
- Cook more: I hate cooking. But supposedly it’s healthier and saves you money, and I probably need to learn at some point. Maybe this will be the year I learn. Or maybe this will be the year I convince my boyfriend to cook more. We’ll see.
- Exercise: Working out is the worst, but word on the street is it’s good for your mental and physical health, so I’m trying to step it up (pun intended) this year.
- Keep up with this blog: Ain’t no point in starting a blog if I’m not going to keep up with it! I want to grow my blog this year and keep writing it, even if the only person reading it is my best friend (hi Sandy).
What goals do you have for 2019?